Tuesday 30 August 2011

to sir, with love.


Those schoolgirl days of telling tales and biting nails are gone
But in my mind I know they will still live on and on
But how do you thank someone who has taken you from crayons to perfume?
It isn't easy, but I'll try
If you wanted the sky I would write across the sky in letters
That would soar a thousand feet high 'To Sir, With Love'
The time has come for closing books and long last looks must end
And as I leave I know that I am leaving my best friend
A friend who taught me right from wrong and weak from strong
That's a lot to learn, but what can I give you in return?
If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start
But I would rather you let me give my heart 'To Sir, With Love'

so basically school is almost over, the year is almost over. that's a little thing. but today is my best friend in the worlds birthday! and i was listening to this song and thinking about her for a heap of these lyrics.
there are others that i was thinking about in this song. you read it. you know who you are. fool.

it's this whole concept of: a friend who taught me right from wrong, and weak from strong, that's a lot to learn, what can i give you in return.
--elsie currie. one of those friends who tells you to shut up
when you are talking crap. or tells you what she thinks even
if it's not what you want to hear. she's so flipping strong. and
she helps me be strong too. best. ever. cool.

how do you thank someone who has taken you from crayons to perfume-- how do you thank someone who helped you grow up. who has changed your life. well, 'it isn't easy but i'll try'

i'm grateful to a crap load of people for how they've taught me things in life.
the last four months.
these last four months of my life have been ridiculous. i haven't written about them because when stuff was so good, it was like... my secret. my little joy that was just for me, that i didn't have to share with the world. but then when things were crappy, i didn't want to write because i hate that whiny girl who complains about stuff on the internet. 
but i guess this song really hits home at the moment. stuff is over now. 'the time has come for closing books and long last looks must end'. it's over, whether it's good or bad, it's over now, it's time. 'and as i leave i know that i am leaving my best friend'.
so... yeah. august is almost over and these last few months are done. the feelings, the hurt, even the ridiculous amount of happiness. those things are gone. and because i wouldn't write about them in my journal. this post is pretty much the evidence that stuff was perfect, for a few hours beneath the trees.
... this has dragged on. so to close. all i have to say is....

if you wanted the sky i would write across the sky in letters that would soar a thousand feet high: 'To Sir, With Love'

No comments:

Post a Comment